Brandy Sings ‘Diamonds’ Better Than Rihanna…Surprised?
Some have asked if Brandy is really all that talented. They have questioned her staying power even though she has more longevity in the music biz than many folks that started out in the 90s and early 2000s. Her voice has been called “slight” and “understated.” But, she continues to prove that she is much more talented than most people on the airwaves today. And, in a random backstage snippet, she out-sings Rihanna on her own song Diamonds.
Now, listen to Rihanna sing it with full production behind her.
Don’t you just wish it was Brandy’s song? Yeah. Me too.
Check out more Brandy wonderment here.
And, a wonderful little bonus track she released recently.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- Okay Amanda Seales, but your race and gender analysis with no class analysis is inherently anti-Black - October 9, 2017
- Why we have to stop letting racists and misogynists gaslight racial and gender minorities - October 5, 2017
- It’s time we honor Black women for their anti-racist work - September 16, 2017
- Why I will no longer use my unpaid labor to discuss race in America with white people - September 10, 2017
- White “allies” and speaking the words of racial violence in the United States - August 23, 2017