New Destiny’s Child Song – Nuclear … a Bomb?
Beyoncé announced the new Destiny’s Child compilation album just Thursday. And already the only new track the trio recorded for the album has surfaced. Nuclear was produced by Pharrell Williams and written by Pharell, Michelle Williams, James Fauntleroy and Lonny Bereal. Vocal production is by Beyoncé and Lonny Bereal.
On my first listen, I’m not feeling it. It sounds like a throwaway track. I assumed that this song would be super radio friendly to help push sales for the new compilation, but it sounds like Pharell dusted off an old track he made in the 90’s and gave the girls a discount. If you are Destiny’s Child, a group that fans continue to clamor for, why would you put out anything that doesn’t at least meet the bar that you have set in the past? How have each of these three women gone out into the world and found their own versions of success only to come together and be sub-par? Color me confused.
But don’t just take my word for it. Stream the song below and make your own judgment.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018