Netflix Takes on TV: Hemlock Grove
Netflix is making big moves into the television arena. The most high profile project is their extension of the popular TV series, Arrested Development. The second is probably House of Cards, a political thriller starring Kevin Spacey. But the new Netflix series that has garnered my interest is Hemlock Grove. Executive produced by Eli Roth, Hemlock Grove is a murder-mystery about two boys, a Gypsy teen and a spoiled young man, that are suspects in a young girl’s murder. Famke Janssen play’s the role of the rich teen’s mom. Watch the preview below:
I don’t know about you, but I’m creeped out just by that trailer. There are a lot of disturbing images, and I didn’t realize Famke could do terror so effortlessly.
The best thing about all of these Netflix series is that all of the season’s episodes will become available at once. No waiting; watch the entire season as quickly as you like on your own time. Tune in for Hemlock Grove’s 13 episodes to be released on April 19.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017
- On Nnedi Okorafor and when Hollywood values our work but erases our names - September 14, 2017
- The definitive list of the 9 most slept on Black films of the 2000s - September 4, 2017
- Why we speak up when Hollywood whitewashes our favorite characters of color - August 30, 2017