New Chrisette Michele Video Captures the Essence of Love
Gearing up for her 4th studio album Better (due in stores April 30th), Chrisette Michele has released her new single, “A Couple of Forevers”. And on March 9th, Chrisette Michele put out the video treatment for the song.
And she definitely brought it.
The video starts with her fresh off of a plane and getting picked up by her beau. And in that moment, we get a real sense of the new Chrisette Michele. She tatted up, she’s got a lip piercing, she’s rockin’ a high-top fade, and she makes it all look fabulous.
As she croons lyrics like “Me and you are built like armor,” the simple visual of her walking arm in arm with her man in a park mirrors that sentiment. This is a case study in how simplicity = strength.
The clip, directed by famed photographer Derek Blanks, really shows that he has an eye for imagery. Other scenes show the two getting matching tattoos, Chrisette performing on a stage all glammed out, and Chrisette singing in a cobblestone alleyway. And her trademark vocals are bountiful with emotion throughout.
Check out the video below!
Chomping at the bit for more Chrisette? Download her mixtape Audrey Hepburn: An Audiovisual Presentation!
Feelin’ it? Hatin’ it? Let us know what you think of the video in the comments!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why The Second Season Of ‘Insecure’ Is So Important - March 15, 2017
- Nicki Minaj’s Extra Late Response To “ShETHER” Left Me Wondering Why She Said Anything At All - March 10, 2017
- Why ‘Get Out’ Will Change Modern Movie Making - March 3, 2017
- Why Remy Ma’s ‘ShETHER’ Is The Best Diss Track Released In Years - February 26, 2017
- 6 Reasons You Should See Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ This Weekend - February 21, 2017