Tamar Braxton Releases “The One”
Late on May 6th, Tamar Braxton released her second single from her forthcoming album, Love and War, titled “The One”. And while the track may sound familiar (would summer be complete without someone sampling Mtume’s “Juicy Fruit”?) Tamar brings the fire.
Where most artists take the familiar sample and try to replicate its laid back nature, Tamar turns it a bit more upbeat and pop-friendly. The song walks a fine line between R&B classic and club groove, and I can see how crossover appeal may have been a major reason for choosing “The One” as the follow-up to “Love and War”.
The most shocking aspect of it all is that Tamar truly allows her voice to soar on the track. Without any limits, Tamar can really stretch her abilities, putting other sample versions to shame (*cough* Keyshia Cole *cough*).
“The One” has already reached #1 on the iTunes R&B chart (#17 on the iTunes US Songs chart), and I’m sure all of the Tamartians out there will get it to #1 in no time. I can already see people jamming to this at barbecues, cook outs, and block parties across the nation.
Listen to the track below, and don’t feel bad if you can’t help but sing and dance along. The song is infectious like that.
Loved it? Hated it? Give us your thoughts in the comments!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017