Sara Bareilles Wants You to be Brave (and Smile)
Hello friends! Are you tired, run-down, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular? The answer to all your problems is in this little music video. On May 14th, Sara Bareilles premiered a video for her new single “Brave” from her upcoming new album The Blessed Unrest, and it’s the perfect pick-me-up whenever you are down.
I won’t spoil the video by giving a full synopsis, but I will say that director Rashida Jones (of Parks and Recreation and Quincy Jones daughter fame) and the cast of characters capture the spirit of the song impeccably: be brave enough to express yourself freely.
I dare you not to smile while watching.
The sheer happy continues in the behind the scenes video:
You feel better now, right? Just remember to watch again if feel down again in the future.
What do you think of the video? Are you practicing the choreography so that you can reenact it yourself? Join the conversation in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017
- It makes no damn sense that ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ isn’t part of CBS’s prime time lineup - October 16, 2017
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017