Pentatonix Upgrades Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”
Do you love Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”? I must admit that, musically, it is a pretty brilliant song. But you haven’t heard anything until you’ve heard it with an a capella treatment. More specifically, the Pentatonix treatment.
If you haven’t heard of Pentatonix before, the a capella quintet won Season 3 of NBC’s The Sing Off, and they have been blowing minds ever since. Comprised of Scott Hoying, Kirstie Maldonado, Mitch Grassi, Avi Kaplan, and Kevin “K.O.” Olusola. Their vocals are insane, vocal bass Avi could give Boyz II Men’s Michael McCary a run for his money, and K.O. is a cello playing and beatboxing virtuoso (his personal cover of Rihanna’s “Diamonds” will leave you speechless). With one listen, you’ll be wondering how they produce such a well-developed and well-rounded sound without some type of production.
Their cover of Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”, dare I say it, improves on the original. The vocal layering is immaculate, and I actually prefer Scott’s lead vocal to Justin’s. Don’t believe me? Give it a listen and decide for yourself.
What did you think? Who do you prefer, JT or Pentatonix? Share your decision in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017
- It makes no damn sense that ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ isn’t part of CBS’s prime time lineup - October 16, 2017
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017