Pentatonix Upgrades Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”
Do you love Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”? I must admit that, musically, it is a pretty brilliant song. But you haven’t heard anything until you’ve heard it with an a capella treatment. More specifically, the Pentatonix treatment.
If you haven’t heard of Pentatonix before, the a capella quintet won Season 3 of NBC’s The Sing Off, and they have been blowing minds ever since. Comprised of Scott Hoying, Kirstie Maldonado, Mitch Grassi, Avi Kaplan, and Kevin “K.O.” Olusola. Their vocals are insane, vocal bass Avi could give Boyz II Men’s Michael McCary a run for his money, and K.O. is a cello playing and beatboxing virtuoso (his personal cover of Rihanna’s “Diamonds” will leave you speechless). With one listen, you’ll be wondering how they produce such a well-developed and well-rounded sound without some type of production.
Their cover of Justin Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl”, dare I say it, improves on the original. The vocal layering is immaculate, and I actually prefer Scott’s lead vocal to Justin’s. Don’t believe me? Give it a listen and decide for yourself.
What did you think? Who do you prefer, JT or Pentatonix? Share your decision in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018