Doughnut Bacon Sandwich Goes National
So is it really shocking that Dunkin’ Donuts has now launched its Doughnut Bacon sandwich nationally? Though this fried egg and bacon sandwich (a split glazed doughnut is the bread … innovation!) comes in at only 360 calories, don’t let the low-calorie count deter you from ordering.
How does 20g of fat sound? What about 720mg of sodium? And it’s customizable too. Not a glazed fan? Try it with a cinnamon or chocolate cake doughnut instead. It’s whatevs. Check out the rest of the nutritional content on their official website.
Truth is, America had a health problem. We like unhealthy foods. And for every vegan/native foods/paleo enthusiast out there, it seems there are a gaggle of soda and beer guzzling, french fry munching, sugar snackers. And the numbers are growing.
I’m far from exempt myself. I love ice cream. I can eat licorice at any point in the day. And don’t get me started on waffles, speculoos, or any combination of the two (it’ll change your life). But I’m not going to eat a doughnut sandwich or a “Double Down.” Even for a food and sugar lover like me, there are limits.
First in line for the doughnut sandwich? Appalled that this is a menu offering? Tell us what you think in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- We are not Wakanda. We are Erik Killmonger. - February 19, 2018
- Reckoning with the anti-Black mathematics of mainstream awards shows - February 7, 2018
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017