We Won! Black Weblog Awards Announced Yesterday!
We are so honored and proud to report to you that we won Best Original Graphic Design in the 2013 Black Weblog Awards. The epic event took place in Houston, TX last night and Necole “Bitchie” Kane won Blogger of the Year. Now, we can’t take credit for this win. While we love the design of our site and we work really hard to keep it looking great, we have an AMAZING designer whose vision guides us each step of the way.
Have you heard of Jeaneen Benson? Well, we love her to death and we share this win with her. She kept us from going over the deep end a few times with our design desires and we can’t imagine working with anyone else on our blog (our baby).
And, our homegirl Jamie won Best Podcast for Black Girl Nerds! This is so well-deserved.
Thanks to all who voted for us! We really appreciate it.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- Okay Amanda Seales, but your race and gender analysis with no class analysis is inherently anti-Black - October 9, 2017
- Why we have to stop letting racists and misogynists gaslight racial and gender minorities - October 5, 2017
- It’s time we honor Black women for their anti-racist work - September 16, 2017
- Why I will no longer use my unpaid labor to discuss race in America with white people - September 10, 2017
- White “allies” and speaking the words of racial violence in the United States - August 23, 2017