We Won! Black Weblog Awards Announced Yesterday!
We are so honored and proud to report to you that we won Best Original Graphic Design in the 2013 Black Weblog Awards. The epic event took place in Houston, TX last night and Necole “Bitchie” Kane won Blogger of the Year. Now, we can’t take credit for this win. While we love the design of our site and we work really hard to keep it looking great, we have an AMAZING designer whose vision guides us each step of the way.
Have you heard of Jeaneen Benson? Well, we love her to death and we share this win with her. She kept us from going over the deep end a few times with our design desires and we can’t imagine working with anyone else on our blog (our baby).
And, our homegirl Jamie won Best Podcast for Black Girl Nerds! This is so well-deserved.
Thanks to all who voted for us! We really appreciate it.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- The Paradox and Power of the Black Professional Ball Player - March 23, 2017
- I’m a Black, Millennial, Academic, Mom. Yes, it is harder than you think. - March 20, 2017
- Four Signs That You Might Subscribe to the Politics of Respectability - March 8, 2017
- Anxiety, Death and The Moments When ‘This Is Us’ Gets It Completely Right - March 1, 2017
- Why saying ‘the Oscars are about the white gaze’ misses the point - February 27, 2017