Music Mondays: Kelly Rowland – “Gone”
The surprise performance of last night’s Black Girls Rock Telecast was Kelly Rowland’s performance of “Gone.” A single off of her newest album Talk A Good Game, the song didn’t necessarily perform well on the charts. However, she showed how so may have missed the boat.
Not only did Kelly Rowland show some smooth moves and embody her new winning style, she showed her maturity and strength in the game by changing things up and inviting newcomer Sevyn Streeter and Eve to perform the track with her. The X-Factor host even integrated hosts Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King into the performance.
After all of these years in the game, Kelly Rowland shows that she still wants to give back to those that are coming up, taking her place as a shining example of what perseverance can bring. Listen to the track below and enjoy your Monday!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018