Music Mondays: Jennifer Hudson – “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)”
Jennifer Hudson’s career is showing no signs of stopping, and the Oscar winner has much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. She continues to trail-blaze the entertainment industry for reality stars, becoming the first American Idol alum to score a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Her newest single is titled “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)“, and it appears to be the first release off of her upcoming untitled project. On the Pharrell Williams produced track, Hudson falls right into that same throwback feel that Pharrell has revived as of late. T.I. pops in to provide a competent verse, fitting seamlessly into the track. The premise of the song is simple; the love she gets from her partner is so good that she can’t find the words to describe it.
The song is just as simple lyrically, which is a departure from J-Hud’s previous work. However, with her new attitude and styling, it feels as if everything is aligning.
Enjoy this musical start to your week!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017