Candice Glover “Cried” Video Premiere
Remember when we reviewed American Idol winner’s debut single “Cried“? We had a lot of good and bad things to say, but what really sets her apart from the fray is her stellar voice. Now that there is an accompanying video, the single might get some traction.
The video follows one couple’s relationship through its ups and downs. You see them bring a child into the world. You see them laughing and joking. But you see the dark side too.
The man is abusive. And the beauty of this video is how it shows the difficulty of loving the person that abuses you. You see the pain she experiences, not just in being physically attacked but also emotionally.
And Candice’s voice is the perfect instrument for conveying that emotion. This video does what music videos are meant to do. It elevates the meaning behind the song. It brings new emotional depth to a song that was already powerful on its own.
Peep the video below and purchase the song on Amazon. Her album, Music Speaks, is due in February 2014.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018
- We are not Wakanda. We are Erik Killmonger. - February 19, 2018
- Reckoning with the anti-Black mathematics of mainstream awards shows - February 7, 2018
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018