WCC 2013 Year-in-Review
2013 has been a big year for Water Cooler Convos. We won a Black Weblog Award and we’ve covered a wide range of stories. From the entertaining to the zany to the contentious to the heartbreaking, here is 2013 through the lens of WCC.
#1 Post of the Year
This post received over 30,000 hits in one day, and to date, it has received over 100,000 views. And for good reason. It’s got to be one of the most outrageous stories of the year, and it also epitomizes the racial issues that persist in America.
Living … While Black
The Music You Should Be Listening To
On Our Blerd Behavior
But, there can’t be a better way to end the year and jump into 2014 other than a Pep Talk from Kid President.
Thanks for a great year, Water Cooler Community. Here’s to more snarkiness, blerdiness, and laughter in 2014.
Want More Convos Like This One?
- January 27, 2014 The Grammys Are For White People
- December 29, 2014 Our 10 Best Posts of 2014
- July 1, 2013 2013 BET Awards Recap
- July 13, 2013 Geek or Nerd or Glerd: Do You Know the Difference?
- August 26, 2013 2013 MTV VMAs: Mediocrity Meets Appropriation
- November 25, 2013 ‘Trophy Scarves’: Who is Nate Hill Really Indicting?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 6 Reasons You Should See Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ This Weekend - February 21, 2017
- Cue The White People Tears: Why All The Drama Over The ‘Dear White People’ Trailer Proves The Need For Its Existence - February 15, 2017
- 6 Reasons The 2017 Grammys Were Just Beyoncé’s Family Cookout - February 13, 2017
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Trailer Makes A Strong Case For The Series - February 8, 2017
- Mariah Carey’s New Video For ‘I Don’t’ Makes Us Miss Mariah From The Nineties - February 3, 2017
Categories: Album Reviews, Blerd Life, Culture, Current, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Movie Reviews, Politics, Pop Culture, Race Tags: 2013, affluenza, album review, Artsy, BET Awards, Big Brother, Black Cinema, Boston Marathon bombing, bourgie, Cheerios, Childfree, conspiracy theories, Daren W. Jackson, Dawn Richard, Duck Dynasty, extrovert, Fantasia, geek, george zimmerman, glerd, Grammys, hadiya Pendleton, india arie, Jarell Perry, Jennifer M. Jackson, jhene aiko, John Legend, justin timberlake, Kanye West, kelly rowland, Kenny Clutch Cherry, Kid president, Kim Kardashian, Kimye, Luke James, Meagan Good, Miley Cyrus, MTV, murder, music, Nate Hill, nerd, nerdy, oscars, Paula Deen, Phil Robertson, Race Issues, Renisha McBride, Robin Thicke, SJSU, SNL, social activism, Tamar Braxton, TGT, Travis Garland, trophy scarves, VMAs, year in review
Jay-Z, Beyoncé, and Undeniably Low Standards