Respect the Classics Contest
Respect the Classics is a campaign with special edition releases from Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), saluting hip-hop’s finest. UMe’s extensive catalogue includes iconic albums from the Def Jam, Interscope, Priority, and Virgin Records vaults. Titles like the 25th Anniversary Editions of Eazy-E’s triple platinum solo debut, Eazy-Duz-It, Ice Cube’s solo debut, AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted, and N.W.A’s iconic, triple-platinum Straight Outta Compton, to name a few. UMe is also re-issuing many albums this coming year, including Kanye West’s 808’s and Heartbreaks, 2Pac’s Greatest Hits, and Eminem’s Slim Shady LP.
Their fresh and creative campaign is giving new life to the jams we love. Now, artists and fans alike can join in and potentially become a part of music history. Here’s how:
Have skills on the mic? Or are you a great photographer? Whatever your talents, send us a video, photo, drawing or other artistic expression to email@example.com. Remember: your entry must show your #RESPECT for one of the classic albums on our lists below. So make it good! Get us your entry by February 23rd and then tell your friends to vote for you during our voting period (February 24th – 28th) on the Made Woman Mag & Respect the Classics Facebook pages.
Let your talent shine through. If your entry is chosen, you’ll win the following:
- $200 Cash Prize!
- Special Edition Vinyl Prize Pack, including Kanye West’s 808s & Heartbreak Collector’s Set (out 3/18/14) — a music lover’s dream!
- The chance to choose and help design the next Respect the Classics release — will be distributed nationwide!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- ‘Insecure’ Season 2 Episode 5 Recap: “Hella Shook” - August 21, 2017
- An Open Letter to LeBron “The Kang” James in Response to ‘Trainwreck’ - August 5, 2015
- An Open Letter to Timothy Goodman from BlackDahria - December 10, 2014
- White People and Getting Away with Shit - November 11, 2014
- Respect the Classics Contest - February 18, 2014