D’Angelo’s New(ish) Music: I’m Glad You’re Mine
On March 25th, D’Angelo is releasing Live at the Jazz Café, London: The Complete Show album. This is really more of a re-release of the rare, 1996 limited release Live At The Jazz Café, London, that was only released in Japan. It only contained six of the 11 tracks that were actually performed. That means that this new release contains 5 previously unheard songs.
To drum up awareness for the project, D’Angelo put out his cover of Al Green’s “I’m Still in Love with You,” which he has titled “I’m Glad You’re Mine.” As you would expect, this track is giving that “feel good” we’ve come to expect from his music. Hit play on the music player below and get reacquainted with that unmistakable honey molasses twang.
Purchase the album at Amazon and check out the entire tracklist for the project below.
02. Fencewalk (Mandrill cover)
03. Sweet Sticky Thing (Ohio Players cover)
04. Jonz in My Bones
05. Me and Those Dreamin’ Eyes of Mine
06. Sh*t, Damn, Motherf*cker
07. Cruisin’ (Smokey Robinson cover)
08. I’m Glad You’re Mine (Al Green cover)
11. Can’t Hide Love
12. Brown Sugar
Are you ready for some new D’Angelo music in your life? Tell us what you think about the track in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017