D’Angelo’s New(ish) Music: I’m Glad You’re Mine
On March 25th, D’Angelo is releasing Live at the Jazz Café, London: The Complete Show album. This is really more of a re-release of the rare, 1996 limited release Live At The Jazz Café, London, that was only released in Japan. It only contained six of the 11 tracks that were actually performed. That means that this new release contains 5 previously unheard songs.
To drum up awareness for the project, D’Angelo put out his cover of Al Green’s “I’m Still in Love with You,” which he has titled “I’m Glad You’re Mine.” As you would expect, this track is giving that “feel good” we’ve come to expect from his music. Hit play on the music player below and get reacquainted with that unmistakable honey molasses twang.
Purchase the album at Amazon and check out the entire tracklist for the project below.
02. Fencewalk (Mandrill cover)
03. Sweet Sticky Thing (Ohio Players cover)
04. Jonz in My Bones
05. Me and Those Dreamin’ Eyes of Mine
06. Sh*t, Damn, Motherf*cker
07. Cruisin’ (Smokey Robinson cover)
08. I’m Glad You’re Mine (Al Green cover)
11. Can’t Hide Love
12. Brown Sugar
Are you ready for some new D’Angelo music in your life? Tell us what you think about the track in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018