Issa Rae Releases Black Love Series ‘FIRST’ [VIDEO]
Do you remember all of the ‘firsts’ from your relationship? The first smile … the first kiss … the first fight … the first dance. It is in those magical moments where you can see what a relationship is made of. And chronicling those moments is the mission of the one and only Issa Rae’s new YouTube series ‘FIRST’
‘FIRST’ is coined as a modern-day Love Jones, documenting the milestones of dating as childhood friends Robin and Charles fall in love one ‘first’ at a time. If nothing else, this series shows just how much can be accomplished on the web. It is beautifully shot, and the chemistry from the on-screen leads feels amazingly real.
The show is led by series writer/creator, executive producer and co-star Jahmela Biggs and her on-screen beau Will Catlett. The show keeps things very simple, only covering their first date after reconnecting, but as the night progresses, their attraction jumps out of the screen. Watch out for that haiku scene, where poetry instantly binds them. If the show continues like this, it’ll be the next can’t-miss web series.
Check out the teaser and first episode below.
Will you be tuning in for the rest of ‘FIRST’? Let us know in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- The ‘Insecure’ Season 2 Teaser Is Hella Dope - June 16, 2017
- Watch the All Black Teaser Trailer for Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ - June 9, 2017
- 10 Songs To Keep Your Summer Lit [PLAYLIST] - June 6, 2017
- The 9 Best R&B Groups from the 90s and 2000s - June 5, 2017
- Here’s the definitive list of the best R&B groups in the 1980s to 1990s - May 31, 2017