Interview with ‘Dear White People’ Stars Brandon Bell and Marque Richardson Tonight @ 8PM
Tonight at 8PM PST we will have the pleasure of interviewing Brandon Bell and Marque Richardson, stars of the forthcoming film Dear White People.
The first film from director Justin Simien, Dear White People tackles race relations at a fictitious college campus centered around one student’s radio show aptly named Dear White People. It has already been named a winner at the Sundance Film Festival, garnering the Special Jury Award for Breakthrough Talent, and Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions have picked the film up eying a nationwide release later this year.
In the interview, we will discuss the film, entertainment’s role in discussing race, and the current state of black Hollywood.
Tune-in live at 8PM PST for our chat via Google Hangouts on Air.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017
- It makes no damn sense that ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ isn’t part of CBS’s prime time lineup - October 16, 2017
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017