Brian McKnight Announces ‘Interactive’ Album [VIDEO]
A lot of artists have claimed to have “changed the game”, but how many have actually accomplished it? How many have truly innovated? There have been double-disc albums, concept albums, and a litany of attempts to think outside of the box. But other than Beyonce’s promotionless album drop, no one in recent memory has managed to turn the music industry on its head.
But now, Brian McKnight stands to do something unprecedented. In an interview with NewsOne, he outlined his plans for an “interactive album.”
His audacious plans include the release of a song every month of the year in addition to extensive behind-the-scenes access to the production process. In essence, we are getting a 360 degree view of the music production process, from inception to release, by one of the industry’s most talented and accomplished performers.
To get access, you can sign up at his website mcknight360.com, and for $12, you’ll get all that I listed above as well as monthly unreleased songs from his archive, VIP access at concerts, and a chance to win a trip to L.A. and meet the man himself. Not a bad deal for the price of a normal album.
Interested? Let us know what you think of his plans in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018