Danity Kane Premieres New Single ‘Lemonade’ featuring Tyga
The wait is finally over. Danity Kane’s official return single has arrived. “Lemonade” is the ultimate kiss off to thirsty haters everywhere. And just like their previous material, it makes magic with urban flavor and distinctive sassy attitude.
These women have been doing their homework. “Lemonade” is an impressive effort by the group, infusing their trademark layered vocals into a flipped sample of “Grindin” by The Clipse. Tyga is along for the ride, bringing that Clipse feel to the forefront. Musically, the track sounds like a less raunchy version of Beyonce’s “Partition” in many ways, and in other ways the production from The Stereotypes walks in the footsteps Missy Elliot. Either way, the quartet are putting the haters on notice, letting them know that if they are thirsty they might want to grab a glass of lemonade.
However, the most interesting takeaway from this song is that one of the ladies seems to have (finally) emerged as the group’s main lead singer. Dawn easily carries at least 75% of the song, with the other members chiming in on the first verse and lending their backing vocals. And Ms. Richard definitely swags it out. The clubs will be poppin’ with this one.
Give the track a listen below. Are you feelin’ it?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- We are not Wakanda. We are Erik Killmonger. - February 19, 2018
- Reckoning with the anti-Black mathematics of mainstream awards shows - February 7, 2018
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017