Lawrence Young Sings 4-Part Harmony Alone Better Than Most Choirs
Yes. You read that right. There are no backing tracks. There are no sing-along melodies. Lawrence Young recorded himself singing a song 5 different times, each time singing a different harmonic part with no music, percussion, or direction, and then played them over one another to create a sonic eargasm for YouTube listeners across the globe. He’s winning.
In the last month, Young (aka phibeta6ma) has posted two videos to his YouTube account covering classic a Capella songs we all know and love. It’d be one thing just for him to be able to pull this whole project off, which he does with impeccable harmonies and timing. But what makes it all the more amazing is that he is a really gifted singer. He has stellar vocal control and his voice rings as clear as a bell.
Check out his renditions below and share your reactions in the comments section below!
Lawrence Young Covers “East Side High” Anthem
Lawrence Young Covers “If I Ever Fall In Love” by Shai
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017