White People Say the Darndest Things, We Can Too [VIDEO]
Too often in America, the racial majority dictates life for the minorities. White is normal and anything else is strange. This inevitably leads to uncomfortable lines of questioning like “How does your hair do that?” or “Are you really good at math?” and maddening allusions to starving children in Africa.
Lucky for us, there are always snarky and witty souls on the internet that have completely spun these notions on their heads.
Buzzfeed released two videos targeting the stereotypical lines of questioning that whites have towards blacks and Asians. By reversing the roles, it is plain as day how ignorant and basic these questions can be. And the results are both hilarious and thought-provoking.
If Black People Said the Stuff White People Say
If Asian People Said the Stuff White People Say
Similarly, Trans-Activist Janet Mock flipped things around with interviewer Alicia Menendez. And while the two were simply role-playing, the difficulties that they both had with the experience is illuminating with regard to our comfort (or discomfort) in dominant and outsider roles.
What was the most uncomfortable question you’ve been asked? Share your experience in the comments sections below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018