Traci Braxton Drops the Auto-Tune Assisted ‘Last Call’
Traci Braxton (aka the sister that never got to sing) has finally released her own music. The track “Last Call” was previewed on her reality show Braxton Family Values, and now we have the finalized audio.
On the song, she sings about how after all she has been through with someone, this is the last chance for them to make it work. Is she using her real-life issues with her husband as inspiration?
The mid-tempo track is just a hair away from sounding sleepy, but it is redeemed by the inherent catchiness of the chorus. In the initial recordings we heard on the show, Braxton’s voice was incredibly shaky and the results were not that hot. Now listening to the final version of the track, the use of auto-tune is unmistakable. Still, Traci delivers a solid grown folks tune that should fit right in with the stable of adult R&B songs currently in rotation on the radio.
Listen to the track below:
What do you think about Traci’s solo vocal debut? Hit the comments section below to share your reviews.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018