Your #Blerd Comic Book Movie Round-up Through the Year 2020
Marvel is feverishly building an all-encompassing Marvel Cinematic Universe that is continually expanding. DC is looking the build on the success of Man of Steel to create its own universe of superheroes. And Sony and FOX are hard at work maintaining the rights to Spiderman, The Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
To keep it all straight, the good folks over at IGN plotted all of the announced comic book films through 2020 for us with a handy infographic. It is separated into Marvel and DC Comics columns, making it that much easier to see how much more prevalent the Marvel properties are, and each film is tagged with the studio that is producing it. Having this information as a reference will prevent countless blerd panic attacks.
The most discussed movies on the list are those due in the next year or so (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man, and Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice), but there are some head scratchers like The Wolverine 2, Venom Carnage, and a Spiderman spin-off film with a female lead. It will take a miracle for any of those films to come together in a way that makes sense.
Just like our #BlerdTV Fall ’14 Premiere Guide, click on the image below to get a larger version.
Which film are you looking forward to the most? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018