Yass or Pass: Aretha Franklin Covers ‘Rolling In The Deep’
On her new album Aretha Franklin Sings The Great Diva Classics, Aretha is comin’ for all of her fellow divas by singing their songs. But is this challenge too big for the singing legend? You be the judge.
On her new album, The Queen of Soul will be offering versions of timeless tracks such as Etta James’ “At Last,” Alicia Keys’ “No One,” Chaka Khan’s “I’m Every Woman” and Barbra Streisand’s “People.” On her first single, a cover of the ubiquitous Adele hit “Rolling in the Deep,” Ms. Franklin shows that she’s still got it and no one else can do it like her. Listen to the track below:
Did she kill it or should she have left it alone? Tell us your opinion in the comments!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018