Jazmine Sullivan Premieres ‘Stupid Girls’
Jazmine Sullivan’s new album Reality Show is fast approaching, and after releasing “Dumb” and “Forever Don’t Last,” Ms. Sullivan has given us another treat to tide us over until the album’s release date. “Stupid Girls” laments the poor decisions that women make in relationships.
As has become common with her work, Sullivan infuses reggae and traditional R&B to perfectly complement her sultry raspy timbre. I could listen to her on repeat into infinity. There just isn’t another voice like hers.
Check out her live performance of the song “Stupid Girls” for NPR below and hit the comments section with your thoughts!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018
- The 2018 Oscars were the letdown we’ve come to expect - March 12, 2018