Jazmine Sullivan Premieres ‘Stupid Girls’
Jazmine Sullivan’s new album Reality Show is fast approaching, and after releasing “Dumb” and “Forever Don’t Last,” Ms. Sullivan has given us another treat to tide us over until the album’s release date. “Stupid Girls” laments the poor decisions that women make in relationships.
As has become common with her work, Sullivan infuses reggae and traditional R&B to perfectly complement her sultry raspy timbre. I could listen to her on repeat into infinity. There just isn’t another voice like hers.
Check out her live performance of the song “Stupid Girls” for NPR below and hit the comments section with your thoughts!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017