Brandy, Yo-Yo, Queen Latifah, and MC Lyte Killed the “I Wanna Be Down” Remix
The quartet performed the iconic song at the 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards on Tuesday night. Every single one of the women looked absolutely beautiful.
Here’s the original from decade ago.
Did you see the performance? Did you love as much as we did? Let us know in the comments below.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status. - January 31, 2018
- Getting socks for Christmas: On the pain we carry from holidays past - December 23, 2017
- It’s time to talk about the Black elitism and anti-Blackness portrayed on ‘This is Us’ - December 6, 2017
- Why I’m excited but cautious about the electoral wins across the country this week - November 9, 2017
- We need to bring back ‘The Jeffersons’ for the culture - October 27, 2017