Dawn Richard Moves On From ‘DK3’
Now that the Danity Kane train wreck is over, group standout Dawn Richard is wasting no time getting back on her solo grind. With her new music, she is immediately letting everyone know she is superior to her prior girl group.
Dawn Richard‘s new release “Blow” is a raucous urban dance track laden with tribal beats, synth, and touches of piano. Of course, her vocals are always the star, adding a layer of uniqueness over the whole production. The video sharply captures Richard’s penchant for fashion and dance, showcasing multiple intricate dance sequences set against a white backdrop. The colors are vibrant, and Ms. Richard is serving swag for the whole 4:45.
Richard has also released “Professional”, another bass heavy banger. She sings about how a man’s girl ain’t nothing compared to her because she works like a professional. It fits right in the vein of her previous work on the solo debut Goldenheart.
Both songs are set to be on her next album Blackheart, the second album in Dawn’s Heart trilogy, when it is released on January 15.
Will you be buying?
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017
- It makes no damn sense that ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ isn’t part of CBS’s prime time lineup - October 16, 2017
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017