‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reignites the Legacy
The first trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens premiered today, and from the looks of things, it will calm any fears die-hard Star Wars fans might have with the return of the franchise.
The trailer doesn’t give away any of the plot, but clearly that victory at the end of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi was not the end of the war. We see X-Wings, Stormtroopers, and even a Sith warrior with a triple(!)-headed lightsaber. Still, nothing can beat seeing the Millennium Falcon in action set to the iconic Star Wars score.
The film bridges the old and the new, bringing back its big names Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill to reprise their roles as Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker respectively. J.J. Abrams is handling the directing duties this time around now that George Lucas has stepped away. And “it girl” Lupita Nyong’o has also signed on for the geek-bait. It’s too much goodness to fail.
Look for the film to dominate theaters December 18, 2015.
Check out screen shots from the trailer and the 88-second clip below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017
- On Nnedi Okorafor and when Hollywood values our work but erases our names - September 14, 2017
- The definitive list of the 9 most slept on Black films of the 2000s - September 4, 2017
- Why we speak up when Hollywood whitewashes our favorite characters of color - August 30, 2017
- How Shonda Rhimes’ move to Netflix chips away at the whiteness of Hollywood - August 15, 2017