Hell Nawl Report: Nicolas Cage to Star as Osama Bin Laden
Nicolas Cage has been a movie star for what seems like forever. While his early career hinted at the possibility of being taken seriously, his easily mockable performances in low-brow films have erased any chance of that happening. Still, Nick Cage has managed to reach a new low, being cast as Osama Bin Laden in the forthcoming film Army of One.
The movie, a satire, follows the ridiculously true story of Gary Faulkner, an ex-con who felt he was called upon by God to single-handedly take down Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. His tools? A sword he bought from a home shopping network, a pair of night vision goggles, and a whole lot of crazy.
Borat’s Larry Charles is directing the film, so I think you get the gist of the level of movie making going on here. But is there any possible casting more ridiculous or inflammatory than Nicholas Cage as Bin Laden?
No. Hell nawl.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018
- We are not Wakanda. We are Erik Killmonger. - February 19, 2018
- Reckoning with the anti-Black mathematics of mainstream awards shows - February 7, 2018
- Understanding the importance of Black Superheroes - January 18, 2018
- How Netflix’s ‘Bright 2’ can succeed where ‘Bright’ didn’t - January 3, 2018