Deborah Cox Returns With “Kinda Miss You”
After her voice became the standout star of the Angela Bassett-directed “Whitney” biopic on Lifetime, award-winning singer and songwriter Deborah Cox has released a new single titled, “Kinda Miss You”.
Her recent career has veered away from recording and focused more on stage productions. She has had roles in Aida, A Good Man Is Hard to Find, and Jekyll and Hyde. Clearly, her time on the stage has kept her voice sharp.
“Kinda Miss You” is a fusion of dance and R&B that makes for a high energy mid tempo track, a rarity in the music biz. As always, Cox’s immaculate vocals lead the charge, soaring, riffing, and emoting in all the right places. Could Ms. Cox be on the comeback train? If so, this ain’t a bad way to start.
“Kinda Miss You” hits iTunes on February 3, 2015.
Excited for Deborah Cox’s return to music? Discuss in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018
- Dear entertainment industry: “Inclusivity” isn’t giving us your leftovers - March 13, 2018
- The 2018 Oscars were the letdown we’ve come to expect - March 12, 2018