Deborah Cox Returns With “Kinda Miss You”
After her voice became the standout star of the Angela Bassett-directed “Whitney” biopic on Lifetime, award-winning singer and songwriter Deborah Cox has released a new single titled, “Kinda Miss You”.
Her recent career has veered away from recording and focused more on stage productions. She has had roles in Aida, A Good Man Is Hard to Find, and Jekyll and Hyde. Clearly, her time on the stage has kept her voice sharp.
“Kinda Miss You” is a fusion of dance and R&B that makes for a high energy mid tempo track, a rarity in the music biz. As always, Cox’s immaculate vocals lead the charge, soaring, riffing, and emoting in all the right places. Could Ms. Cox be on the comeback train? If so, this ain’t a bad way to start.
“Kinda Miss You” hits iTunes on February 3, 2015.
Excited for Deborah Cox’s return to music? Discuss in the comments section below!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017
- On Nnedi Okorafor and when Hollywood values our work but erases our names - September 14, 2017
- The definitive list of the 9 most slept on Black films of the 2000s - September 4, 2017
- Why we speak up when Hollywood whitewashes our favorite characters of color - August 30, 2017
- How Shonda Rhimes’ move to Netflix chips away at the whiteness of Hollywood - August 15, 2017