Tamia Is Sexy and Simple on “Sandwich And A Soda”
Tamia has been slaying the vocal game since 1994 when she sang “You Put a Move on My Heart.” But now, after a stint of independently putting out her music, Tamia has signed with Def Jam for her next full length project. Lead single “Sandwich And A Soda” is light on hardcore sanging but scores points for exploiting the sexiness in her voice to its fullest. It’s everything you ever loved about Tamia just updated for 2015.
The Pop & Oak production crackles with a hard beat dressed up with simple electric guitar. Tamia tantalizes, boasting of her prowess.
“I can make you feel good
And when it’s all over
I’mma fluff your pillow baby
Bring you a sandwich and a soda”
In all honesty, this song strips away much of what has been the bedrock of Tamia’s career: endless range, complex content, and “knock you on your ass” vocals. But where it wins is in accessibility and easy listening. With this record, listeners outside of her diehard fanbase might be convinced to give her a listen and find out what they’ve been missing.
Stream the track below and look out for the new album Love Life scheduled for release on June 9th.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017
- It makes no damn sense that ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ isn’t part of CBS’s prime time lineup - October 16, 2017
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017