This Classical Super Mario Medley is the Dopest Thing You’ll Hear Today
Those iconic instrumentals from the original Super Mario Bros. game, on the original Nintendo console, are deeply ingrained in the minds of gamers across the world. For many, these melodies are a soundtrack to childhood (or at least a large part of it). One pianist created an ultimate homage to those tunes by putting together a classical medley. Played on a specially themed Nintendo piano, of course.
In the video below, Composer & Pianist Sonya Belousova and Director Tom Grey celebrate 30 years of Super Mario Bros with an arrangement of the original Super Mario Bros themes on a custom Nintendo Piano. Her delivery is flawless, harkening back to a time when 8 bits was everything, joysticks were for computer games only, and video game cartridge libraries sat side-by-side with VHS tapes.
When you aren’t getting your life from just listening to the music, check out the intricate detail used in constructing the piano. There’s the controller styled bench. Oversized Power and Reset buttons. A/V and controller cords. And when you close the cover, the paint work is just immaculate.
Watch the video below, and if the YouTube channel hits 1 million subscribers, one lucky viewer will win the custom Nintendo piano featured (like on Facebook and follow on Twitter to increase your chances).
And be sure to stay tuned until the end of the video for a bit of classic cartridge cleaning nostalgia.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017
- On Nnedi Okorafor and when Hollywood values our work but erases our names - September 14, 2017
- The definitive list of the 9 most slept on Black films of the 2000s - September 4, 2017
- Why we speak up when Hollywood whitewashes our favorite characters of color - August 30, 2017
- How Shonda Rhimes’ move to Netflix chips away at the whiteness of Hollywood - August 15, 2017