This Classical Super Mario Medley is the Dopest Thing You’ll Hear Today
Those iconic instrumentals from the original Super Mario Bros. game, on the original Nintendo console, are deeply ingrained in the minds of gamers across the world. For many, these melodies are a soundtrack to childhood (or at least a large part of it). One pianist created an ultimate homage to those tunes by putting together a classical medley. Played on a specially themed Nintendo piano, of course.
In the video below, Composer & Pianist Sonya Belousova and Director Tom Grey celebrate 30 years of Super Mario Bros with an arrangement of the original Super Mario Bros themes on a custom Nintendo Piano. Her delivery is flawless, harkening back to a time when 8 bits was everything, joysticks were for computer games only, and video game cartridge libraries sat side-by-side with VHS tapes.
When you aren’t getting your life from just listening to the music, check out the intricate detail used in constructing the piano. There’s the controller styled bench. Oversized Power and Reset buttons. A/V and controller cords. And when you close the cover, the paint work is just immaculate.
Watch the video below, and if the YouTube channel hits 1 million subscribers, one lucky viewer will win the custom Nintendo piano featured (like on Facebook and follow on Twitter to increase your chances).
And be sure to stay tuned until the end of the video for a bit of classic cartridge cleaning nostalgia.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- The Season 2 ‘Queen Sugar’ Trailer is just as delicious as expected - May 23, 2017
- Outgoing President Cheryl Boone Isaacs is the Academy’s burned out Black friend - May 22, 2017
- The best episodes from Netflix’s ‘Dear White People’ ranked - May 2, 2017
- Vince Vaughn Can Keep His Race-Police Relations Documentary - April 24, 2017
- 8 Reasons #RenewTheGetDown Is Important - April 17, 2017