Watch This YouTube Star Perform an Epic ‘Sister Act 2’ Medley
A singer who goes by the name “Joyloves2sing” has been killing it on YouTube with her renditions of gospel tunes. I have been in awe at her melodic sounds and endless runs to familiar church tunes for quite some time. But when she took on some of the legendary tracks from Sister Act 2, real magic was made.
Recording the video in 12 parts, Joy provides all of the vocal parts from the leads to the harmonies to the percussion. She starts off singing the showstopping closing song from the movie, “Joyful Joyful.” Just like the movie, she flows through all of the intricacies of the song. She then transitions into “O Happy Day.” Her perfect pitch blends beautifully as she reenacts this classic song from the film, adding her own Sister Mary Clarence “La La Las” for good measure. She even hits that magical glory note.
To close out, Joy launches into “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” that was performed by Lauryn Hill and Tanya Blount in the movie. That’s a tall vocal order to take on, but Joy does it with ease. Her church roots are really showing here as her acapella arrangement rivals that of the originators.
From front to back, Joy brings back all of the Sister Act 2 nostalgia. You can never get too much Sister Act 2.
Watch the video below and subscribe to her YouTube channel here .
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018
- The legacy ‘Scandal’ leaves behind - April 20, 2018
- ABC’s ‘The Crossing’ is classic white-centric fantasy sci-fi - April 9, 2018