Black Twitter’s Thanksgiving Game Has No Chill
This year, we saw the creation of the #ThanksgivingWithBlackFamilies and #ThanksgivingClapBack hashtags. These have to be some of the greatest tweets of all time. From snatched edges to the White person who is always at the Black family function, Black Twitter hit so many of the notes of the holiday through the lens of complex Black experiences in the United States. Here are a few of our favorites.
— Common Black Girl (@CommonBlackGirI) November 25, 2015
— Thoughtful_BlaCkman (@wizdom4you) November 25, 2015
— ‼️DC The Problem‼️ (@iMissbeyhave_) November 26, 2015
— Common Black Girl (@CommonBlackGirI) November 26, 2015
— NO CHILL (@NooChillPosts) November 26, 2015
— ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ (@Jenchy_) November 25, 2015
— Rev. Melech Thomas (@RevMelech) November 25, 2015
— Chica DeBarge (@AntoinetteJoi87) November 24, 2015
— momo (@momodamermaid) November 25, 2015
Go to Twitter to see the rest and Happy Thanksgiving from the Water Cooler Convos team!
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- Why I’m not bashing Omarosa Manigault with y’all - August 18, 2018
- We can’t exist anywhere so let’s just drop the “while Black” - May 12, 2018
- Reckoning, the Combahee River Collective, and Black Women’s History Month - April 2, 2018
- And then there are the ones we left behind… - March 14, 2018
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status. - January 31, 2018