James Wright and Patti Labelle Bring #BlackExcellence to the Cooking Channel
The Patti Labelle sweet potato pie aka “Patti Pie” phenomenon has taken over the holiday season. Her pies were sold out nationwide within days of their debut at least in part because of a viral video from James Wright Chanel. But when that partnership turned into an appearance on her Cooking Channel show “Patti’s Place”, the world wasn’t ready for the amount of pure unfiltered blackness that was about to take place.
Filming the episode at Patti’s son’s house in Philadelphia, Chanel and LaBelle spent the entire episode singing over food like pastrami pot pies, peach and apple cobbler, and her signature sweet potato pie. The best part was Chanel’s repeated “Patti!” calls and their clear friendship on-screen.
Frankly, I haven’t seen this much raw blackness on mainstream television in, well, ever.
Watch the full episode below:
Want More Convos Like This One?
- November 1, 2013 5 Ways ‘Scandal’ Can Handle Kerry Washington’s Pregnancy
- January 20, 2016 ‘Soul Food Seasoning’ Must Be Stopped
- May 26, 2016 This Kid’s “Flip Heard Around the World” Is Symbolic of Everything Wrong With Our Country
- May 3, 2014 Black Parents, Stop Shaming Your Children
- November 4, 2013 Real Housewives of Atlanta is Baaaack
- August 24, 2012 The ‘McKayla Maroney is not impressed’ memes are hilarious
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Why The Second Season Of ‘Insecure’ Is So Important - March 15, 2017
- Nicki Minaj’s Extra Late Response To “ShETHER” Left Me Wondering Why She Said Anything At All - March 10, 2017
- Why ‘Get Out’ Will Change Modern Movie Making - March 3, 2017
- Why Remy Ma’s ‘ShETHER’ Is The Best Diss Track Released In Years - February 26, 2017
- 6 Reasons You Should See Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ This Weekend - February 21, 2017