This Video Shows That A ‘World Without Black History’ Sucks
Ramsey is always good for a hilarious yet insightful video. Look no further than her Oscar Nomination Nail Tutorial for proof. But for Black History Month, you know she had to go big.
In her video, she plays a black ghost of American history a la Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol for a man who wishes for a White History Month. See, like so many of the white people we hear from every February, he doesn’t understand why “black people get a whole month.” In response, she shows him just how important black contributions in history have been.
As you might imagine, he is near tears by the end.
Watch the video below, and be sure to share with a white person (or similar-minded black conservative) in your life.
Photo credit: YouTube
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- A primer on how to actually support a Black TV show - September 25, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes is right: the 2017 Emmys were “embarrassing” - September 19, 2017
- On Nnedi Okorafor and when Hollywood values our work but erases our names - September 14, 2017
- The definitive list of the 9 most slept on Black films of the 2000s - September 4, 2017
- Why we speak up when Hollywood whitewashes our favorite characters of color - August 30, 2017