This Video Shows That A ‘World Without Black History’ Sucks
Ramsey is always good for a hilarious yet insightful video. Look no further than her Oscar Nomination Nail Tutorial for proof. But for Black History Month, you know she had to go big.
In her video, she plays a black ghost of American history a la Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol for a man who wishes for a White History Month. See, like so many of the white people we hear from every February, he doesn’t understand why “black people get a whole month.” In response, she shows him just how important black contributions in history have been.
As you might imagine, he is near tears by the end.
Watch the video below, and be sure to share with a white person (or similar-minded black conservative) in your life.
Photo credit: YouTube
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- How Shonda Rhimes’ move to Netflix chips away at the whiteness of Hollwood - August 15, 2017
- Marvel’s’ Black Panther’ gets rid of the racism and keeps the story - August 8, 2017
- Why ‘Girls Trip’ Matters - August 7, 2017
- Why Oprah Passed on ‘Underground’ But HBO Picked Up ‘Confederate’ - July 31, 2017
- How Jay-Z’s ‘4:44’ moment made me reassess my 4:45 - July 20, 2017