This ‘Lemonade’ Review Is Hilariously Perfect
Unless you live under a literal rock somewhere, you know that Beyoncé dropped an epic new, melanin-enriched album called Lemonade this past weekend. And, in true ‘King’ Bey style, she released an hour long epic visual album along with it. We are all still reeling from the surplus Black Girl Magic oozing from the gorgeous, star-studded that was Lemonade (Even though I told y’all it was going to be Black Y2K around here). But, Evelyn from the Internets has perhaps the best summary I have seen of the video so far. Evelyn always gets it right.
She opens by simply asking Beyoncé what she is going to say at the funeral since she basically slayed us all with her video. But, when she described the theoretical interaction between Bey and Serena, she had me cackling.
She says, Beyoncé “called Serena Williams, one of the world’s best athletes, and you can fight me on that, just — to look back at it. She said,’Hey Serena, I know you’re busy, but I am working on something that needs a little ‘jenesaisquoi’ and your thighs are the only thing that speak that language. Are you free Wednesday?'”
This review is so hilariously accurate. Watch it below!
Photo credit: YouTube
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- It’s time we honor Black women for their anti-racist work - September 16, 2017
- Why I will no longer use my unpaid labor to discuss race in America with white people - September 10, 2017
- White “allies” and speaking the words of racial violence in the United States - August 23, 2017
- If Colin Kaepernick is for Black lives, he won’t go back to the NFL - August 12, 2017
- For some of us, it’s time to enter a Year of ‘No’ - August 10, 2017