This ‘Lemonade’ Review Is Hilariously Perfect
Unless you live under a literal rock somewhere, you know that Beyoncé dropped an epic new, melanin-enriched album called Lemonade this past weekend. And, in true ‘King’ Bey style, she released an hour long epic visual album along with it. We are all still reeling from the surplus Black Girl Magic oozing from the gorgeous, star-studded that was Lemonade (Even though I told y’all it was going to be Black Y2K around here). But, Evelyn from the Internets has perhaps the best summary I have seen of the video so far. Evelyn always gets it right.
She opens by simply asking Beyoncé what she is going to say at the funeral since she basically slayed us all with her video. But, when she described the theoretical interaction between Bey and Serena, she had me cackling.
She says, Beyoncé “called Serena Williams, one of the world’s best athletes, and you can fight me on that, just — to look back at it. She said,’Hey Serena, I know you’re busy, but I am working on something that needs a little ‘jenesaisquoi’ and your thighs are the only thing that speak that language. Are you free Wednesday?'”
This review is so hilariously accurate. Watch it below!
Photo credit: YouTube
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- It is impossible to love Black women and R-Kelly at the same time - July 17, 2017
- How we use the term ‘hater’ to avoid reflection and self-improvement - July 12, 2017
- On ‘4:44’, maleness, and the performance of the public apology - July 10, 2017
- It’s even harder to watch ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ when you know Black women’s history - June 9, 2017
- It’s time to stop trying to integrate ‘SNL’ - May 30, 2017