8 Hilarious Tweets From #BeckyWithTheBadGrades
On Thursday morning, the Supreme Court decided against a young White woman named Abigail Fisher. Fisher had brought her case of reverse discrimination (that is, she believes she should have all the things because she’s White) before court officers not one, not two, but three entire times. This final time, SCOTUS ruled in favor of affirmative action, confirming that private schools may continue to use race in the admissions decisions.
Now, the Internet is petty. Black Twitter is especially so. So, they responded with the hashtag #BeckyWithTheBadGrades and it is pure hilarity. Here are a few of my favorite tweets.
— Tim Black ™ (@RealTimBlack) June 23, 2016
— lil fluzi flert (@gawdduss) June 23, 2016
— olivia neauxp (@KatrinaLRogers) June 23, 2016
— Olivia A. Cole (@RantingOwl) June 23, 2016
BREAKING: Supreme Court holds that affirmative action was lawful in Fisher.
— PrestonMitchum (@PrestonMitchum) June 23, 2016
— Kimberly H. (@KimmieIs2Real) June 23, 2016
— Derrick A. P. (@Derrickthejudge) June 23, 2016
Abigail Fisher be like: pic.twitter.com/tRiusrKNhk
— Terrell J. Starr (@Russian_Starr) June 23, 2016
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- Why I’m not bashing Omarosa Manigault with y’all - August 18, 2018
- We can’t exist anywhere so let’s just drop the “while Black” - May 12, 2018
- Reckoning, the Combahee River Collective, and Black Women’s History Month - April 2, 2018
- And then there are the ones we left behind… - March 14, 2018
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status. - January 31, 2018