Samantha Bee Goes In On White People For Electing Trump
Samantha Bee is known for her raucous humor and no holds barred attitude to satire. And, where many comedians fail to grasp the notion of “punching up” rather than down, Bee understands that concept explicitly. This was evidenced by a recent clip from Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, where she masterfully bodies White people for their central role in the election of Donald J. Trump to the presidency.
Like many left-leaning individuals, Bee was all set to celebrate the arrival of a woman president and say bon voyage to Trump. But that wasn’t how the actual voting went, and she was well prepared to lay into white people for causing it all.
In this clip from the opening of her show, she had a lot of in point things to say, but here are some of her best:
“Once you dust for fingerprints, it’s pretty clear who ruined America: White people. I guess ruining Brooklyn was just a dry run.”
“I don’t want to hear a goddamn word about Black voter turnout. How many times do we expect Black people to build our country for us.”
“Don’t try to distance yourself from the bad apples and say ‘It’s not my fault. I didn’t vote for him. #NotAllWhitePeople. If Muslims have to take responsibility for every member of their community, so do we.”
This is the magic that happens when you bring real diversity to entertainment, both in front of the camera and behind.
Catch Full Frontal with Samantha Bee Monday nights at 10:30 on TBS and watch the clip below and :
Photo credit: TBS
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status. - January 31, 2018
- Getting socks for Christmas: On the pain we carry from holidays past - December 23, 2017
- It’s time to talk about the Black elitism and anti-Blackness portrayed on ‘This is Us’ - December 6, 2017
- Why I’m excited but cautious about the electoral wins across the country this week - November 9, 2017
- We need to bring back ‘The Jeffersons’ for the culture - October 27, 2017