Here’s what’s next for Water Cooler Convos and how you can support
You may have noticed over the past few weeks that we have been talking about some exciting new changes for Water Cooler Convos. Here is a brief summary of our plans and how you can support us.
If you didn’t know already, we are Jenn and Daren Jackson: thirty-something, Black and married geeks with three children under 9 years old. And we write and talk about those intersections a lot. We created Water Cooler Convos as a blog almost five years ago and now, we are moving into video and podcasting content to create a multi-platform media community for Black millennials.
We are rebranding Water Cooler Convos as a platform dedicated to race, culture, and Black Love. We want to bring our 10+ years of marriage experience and 15 years of dating life to the forefront of our content. Why does this matter? Because we know that most relationship platforms focus on more traditional values and older couples. We just aren’t about that life.
So, if these changes and our brand resonate with you, here are a few ways you can support us today.
1. Become a monthly contributor on Patreon
Our Patreon page is an easy way to sign up for an automatic monthly subscription to our exclusive content or just to give amounts as small as $1 per month to support the production of our content. The great thing about this service is that it allows us to pay for equipment and monthly domain hosting costs without dipping into our own funds.
2. Give to the platform through PayPal
If you don’t have a Patreon account or don’t want to start one, you can also give a one-time donation through PayPal. This is a convenient option especially if you already use PayPal for your own purposes.
3. Follow us on social media
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube. If you follow us on these platforms, you’ll have access to all of our content and regular updates about the status of our plans and progress towards our growth goals.
4. Read, share, and like our content
This goes without saying but we could not create and promote our content without support from readers and fans like you. Thanks in advance for sticking with us this past 5 years!
Sincerely, Jenn and Daren
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- And then there are the ones we left behind… - March 14, 2018
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status. - January 31, 2018
- Getting socks for Christmas: On the pain we carry from holidays past - December 23, 2017
- It’s time to talk about the Black elitism and anti-Blackness portrayed on ‘This is Us’ - December 6, 2017
- Why I’m excited but cautious about the electoral wins across the country this week - November 9, 2017