12 songs you need for a lit holiday season
One of my favorite pastimes during the holiday season is gathering up new music. Putting up decorations is always a chore. Snow is beautiful but it’s also cold and oppressive (especially here in Chicago). But holiday music? You can’t go wrong there. That’s why I’ve put together a holiday playlist promised to get your holiday season lit.
Every year, the moment that Thanksgiving passes is a magical one. Besides the flood of people rushing into stores to catch a deal on Black Friday, it also means that we have officially entered the holiday season. And regardless of your religion, beliefs, or traditions, one thing we can all welcome back into our lives this December is holiday music.
And this year, I’ve got another great selection of 12 holiday tunes featuring classic covers from the likes of Fantasia, Coko (from SWV), and DJ Mustard featuring Ella Mai. In addition, I’ve collected some of the best original compositions from names like Big Baby D.R.A.M., The Hamiltones, and Dru Hill. So whether you are decking the halls, hanging the lights, wrapping the gifts, or simply sipping cocoa by the fire, this playlist will be just what you need to make sure you’re feeling in the spirit.
Enjoy the songs and don’t forget to download the complete playlist HERE!
- Livrè – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- DJ Mustard – This Christmas (feat. Ella Mai)
- Fantasia – Give Love On Christmas Day
- Dru Hill – Favorite Time of Year
- Xavier Omär & Sango – Wonderful Christmastime
- Coko – Silent Night
- James Fauntleroy – Is It Morning Yet?
- Tiffany Evans – All I Want
- D.R.A.M. – #1HappyHoliday
- The Hamiltones – Making Love on Christmas
- Gabi Wilson – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- Fantasia – What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- 12 songs you need for a lit holiday season - November 30, 2017
- 12 series every millennial should bingewatch over the holidays - November 27, 2017
- 5 Black-led movies you gotta see in December - November 20, 2017
- FOX’s ‘The Gifted’ has a whiteness problem - November 2, 2017
- Hollywood’s issues with abuse don’t start or end with Harvey Weinstein - October 18, 2017