Few accounts of Black womanhood are as poignant as the one presented here by Crystal Valentine and Aaliyah Jihad. The poem, “To be Black and woman and alive” was performed at...
DONATE to WCC
- Daren W. Jackson
- Jenn M. Jackson
- And then there are the ones we left behind…
- On being Black, being disposed of, and seeking status.
- Getting socks for Christmas: On the pain we carry from holidays past
- It’s time to talk about the Black elitism and anti-Blackness portrayed on ‘This is Us’
- Why I’m excited but cautious about the electoral wins across the country this week