Netflix Takes on TV: Hemlock Grove
Netflix is making big moves into the television arena. The most high profile project is their extension of the popular TV series, Arrested Development. The second is probably House of Cards, a political thriller starring Kevin Spacey. But the new Netflix series that has garnered my interest is Hemlock Grove. Executive produced by Eli Roth, Hemlock Grove is a murder-mystery about two boys, a Gypsy teen and a spoiled young man, that are suspects in a young girl’s murder. Famke Janssen play’s the role of the rich teen’s mom. Watch the preview below:
I don’t know about you, but I’m creeped out just by that trailer. There are a lot of disturbing images, and I didn’t realize Famke could do terror so effortlessly.
The best thing about all of these Netflix series is that all of the season’s episodes will become available at once. No waiting; watch the entire season as quickly as you like on your own time. Tune in for Hemlock Grove’s 13 episodes to be released on April 19.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Is asking for more from Black art asking for too much? - May 22, 2020
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018