Hell Nawl Report: Nicolas Cage to Star as Osama Bin Laden
Nicolas Cage has been a movie star for what seems like forever. While his early career hinted at the possibility of being taken seriously, his easily mockable performances in low-brow films have erased any chance of that happening. Still, Nick Cage has managed to reach a new low, being cast as Osama Bin Laden in the forthcoming film Army of One.
The movie, a satire, follows the ridiculously true story of Gary Faulkner, an ex-con who felt he was called upon by God to single-handedly take down Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. His tools? A sword he bought from a home shopping network, a pair of night vision goggles, and a whole lot of crazy.
Borat’s Larry Charles is directing the film, so I think you get the gist of the level of movie making going on here. But is there any possible casting more ridiculous or inflammatory than Nicholas Cage as Bin Laden?
No. Hell nawl.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Is asking for more from Black art asking for too much? - May 22, 2020
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018