Watch BuzzFeed’s Hilarious Video: “Things Our Black Moms Would Say”
Black moms are the salt of the universe. I have three kids so I know this from personal experience. And now that I am a mom, I appreciate all of the sentiments, comments, quips, and smart ass sayings I heard from my mother growing up. BuzzFeed strung together just a few of those experiences in this short video (above). It brings back memories while reminding me how much like my own mom I have become.
Moms are moms. But, I would argue, Black moms put that little extra stank on parenting that can’t be replicated by anyone else. My favorite quotes from the video are: “Don’t bring home no babies” and “I couldn’t have a boyfriend til I got married.” I think I just told my son yesterday about turning off lights in the family room and closing the refrigerator door.
In all, the video is cute and shows how many common threads Black folks share.
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Jenn M. Jackson (see all)
- We are tired of watching us die - June 12, 2020
- Parenting Black children during quarantine is a different kinda thing - May 6, 2020
- New Year, Same Me - January 7, 2019
- Why I’m not bashing Omarosa Manigault with y’all - August 18, 2018
- We can’t exist anywhere so let’s just drop the “while Black” - May 12, 2018