This Video Shows That A ‘World Without Black History’ Sucks
Ramsey is always good for a hilarious yet insightful video. Look no further than her Oscar Nomination Nail Tutorial for proof. But for Black History Month, you know she had to go big.
In her video, she plays a black ghost of American history a la Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol for a man who wishes for a White History Month. See, like so many of the white people we hear from every February, he doesn’t understand why “black people get a whole month.” In response, she shows him just how important black contributions in history have been.
As you might imagine, he is near tears by the end.
Watch the video below, and be sure to share with a white person (or similar-minded black conservative) in your life.
Photo credit: YouTube
Want More Convos Like This One?
Latest posts by Daren W. Jackson (see all)
- Is asking for more from Black art asking for too much? - May 22, 2020
- Why the Grammys don’t matter anymore - February 15, 2019
- Y’all aren’t checking for the Emmys anymore, and it’s about time - September 24, 2018
- ABC doesn’t deserve kudos for canceling ‘Roseanne’ - May 29, 2018
- An open letter to Donald Glover, Childish Gambino, and his anti-Black “This Is America” video - May 14, 2018